Thursday, March 19, 2009

Time To Go

Ask me if I want to leave. Go ahead. Ask.

No.
I don't. :(

We'll be traveling for 29 straight hours starting in about 6 hours from now. Please pray for the last leg of our trip and the emotions we are all feeling about our time here and coming back home. I do miss my puppies very much - everybody has a dog here and Sam and I keep longing for our little Elphie and Luna. But aside from that, leaving is difficult. I've gotten teary-eyed at least three times today!

I will say this ... one of my favorite moments today was sunset at Puerto Madryn - the beach where the whales are (although they are already gone for the winter). Amelia and I went and laid out on the ledge and watched the ocean as the sun set on the day - and for about 45 minutes, we listened to worship music through my iPod and just enjoyed the sights that we may never see again. We didn't need to talk about it, but I imagine we were thinking some of the same things ...

It is good to know that my God is the same wherever I go. It doesn't matter what language I speak or where I live or even how I dress, eat, or act. I may cross the whole wide world and see places I've only ever dreamed of ... but God is still God.

And in those quiet moments within my heart, it feels good to know He does not change.

2 comments:

  1. As ya'll begin the journey home I am praying Psalm 91:9-12a for each of you.
    "if you make the Most High your dwelling even the Lord, who is my refuge then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near you. For He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands."

    God,
    I just ask you to watch over our precious ones. Send angels before them, protect them. Give them rest in you, peace in you, refresh their souls. Please give Ted and Connie rest as they go on with the work you have set aside for them. I ask this in our precious savior Jesus's name,
    amen

    ReplyDelete